"In 1882 three Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration (FSPAs) from LaCrosse, Wis., came to western Iowa to staff the school at Breda in temporary quarters built by the pastor. Also in the 1880s, four sisters came to teach in the Mount Carmel parish school. In 1899 they opened a school in West Bend for 40 families and added 21 more families in the next year.
The FSPAs accepted St. Anthony’s Hospital, Carroll in 1905, finding it finished, fully-equipped, and with a gift of $1,000. They subsequently opened a school of nursing. The FSPAs also founded St. Angela’s Academy for girls in Carroll and maintained it until it was purchased by the Carroll area parishes who built Kuemper High School around it."
CLICK HERE for Full Article