Order of Franciscan Hermits Ministries
- THANK YOU for Your Support!
- Our PRIMARY Ministry is CONTEMPLATIVE PRAYER, but St. Francis was always torn between the Silence of Contemplation, and Active Ministry. As Franciscans, we must put our Faith into Action, so we have a variety of ministries we're involved in, always remembering when Jesus said, "When you did these things to the Least of my Brothers, you did them to ME." We are NOT Franciscans for our own sake, but for OTHERS.
- FranciscanDigest.com - World Outreach - Our website that brings you the latest News, Videos, Podcasts and other articles from Franciscan Communities throughout the world.
- RosariesForPeace.com - In Solidarity with Pope Francis who Consecrated Russia and the Ukraine to the Immaculate Heart of Mary on March 25, 2022, the Order of Franciscan Hermits has established its "Perpetual Rosary Association" to help pray for the conversion of Russia as the Blessed Mother... Our Mother of Peace... has asked us to do in Fatima.
The Order of Franciscan Hermits has Associates and Members in over 90 countries worldwide... as we pray the rosary, we are like a Beacon of Christ's Light to the world, bringing PEACE to ALL the Nations. By joining our Perpetual Rosary Association, we can ensure that somewhere throughout the world, someone is praying the Rosary as Our Mother of Peace has asked us to do.
To Enroll in the Order of Franciscan Hermits - Perpetual Rosary Association, please visit our website at https://www.RosariesForPeace.com. It is free to join and your intentions will be included in all of our daily prayers.
- Inmate Outreach - Jesus requires us to "Visit the Sick and Imprisoned" and most people don't realize that St. Paul himself wrote letters to the Colossians, Philemon, the Ephesians, and the Philippians while imprisoned in Rome!
Br. Paul began ministering to the incarcerated and those in 1990 which has been one of his most rewarding ministries. While most Christian ministries "Preach" to the inmates (and we certainly do this by conducting prayer services, Spiritual discussion groups, and bible studies), Jesus' instruction actually says, "VISIT" the sick and imprisoned. It is a ministry of PRESENCE. BE-ing there for inmates who have lost everything... their freedom and many times their family, friends and faith. We remind ourselves when Jesus said, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"... so we approach this ministry with Compassion and Unconditional LOVE. Perhaps you've heard it said, "It's easier to catch flies with honey rather than vinegar"... building trust is far more effective than being a "Lightning Bolt" preacher! Jesus taught LOVE and FORGIVENESS...
"Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?” Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times." (Mt. 18:20-22)
-- Prayers From the Inmates (In-person; Video; Correspondence & Inmate Gathered Prayers) - This is considered one of our most important ministries because it teaches the inmates to think outside themselves to pray for their families, friends and victims. We have inmates who daily collect Prayer Requests from other inmates so they can personally pray for them, who in turn send them to us (the OFH) to be included in our daily prayers.
-- Prayer Cards for Inmates - Prayer Cards are a popular request by inmates and always seem to be in short supply. Your Support is always appreciated.
-- Rosaries for Inmates - Depending on the correctional facility and/or risk level of the inmate, we donate actual rosaries or rosary pamphlets to inmates requesting them. Your Support is always appreciated.
-- Spiritual Direction (In-person; Video; Correspondence) - Due to COVID restrictions, there are many correctional facilities who have not restored in-person ministry visitations to inmates, but many correctional facilities have initiated video visits which where not previously available which makes offering Spiritual Direction easier and more private in most cases. We are willing to meet with inmates of any Faith, even those with none.
-- Spiritual Correspondence (Letters; Emails) - There are many inmates with long-term and/or life sentences who have lost all contact with their family and friends. We receive requests from inmates and chaplains who are aware of inmates who would like Spiritual Pen Pals. There are many inmates who are able to send and receive email (sometimes called O-Mail) at a cost of .25 cents per email (or more depending on the facility). Other correctional facilities allow inmates to receive free emails, but not "Send" them. We NEVER send money to inmates for ANY reason... a portion of donations allocated to our inmate ministries cover our costs to send traditional correspondence and/or emails to the inmates. Your Support is always appreciated.
-- Visitations (In-person; Video) - Due to COVID restrictions, there are many correctional facilities who have not restored in-person ministry visitations to inmates, but many correctional facilities have initiated video visits which where not previously available and makes visitation easier and more private in most cases. We are willing to meet with inmates of any Faith, even those with none.
- Outreach to the Sick - Jesus requires us to "Visit the Sick"... We're Chaplains and Eucharistic Ministers in hospitals, convalescent and group homes... assisted living centers for the memory impaired... hospice and also make home visitations. We bring Communion, rosaries and prayer cards to sick individuals, their caregivers and families when appropriate, in the parishes where we serve. Your Support is always appreciated.